Chemical Name : Solifenacin
Vesicare Information : VESIcare is a prescription medicine used in adults to treat the following symptoms due to a condition called overactive bladder:
. Having to go to the bathroom too often, also called "urinary frequency",
. Having a strong need to go to the bathroom right away, also called "urgency",
. Leaking or wetting accidents, also called "urinary incontinence."
VESIcare has not been studied in children.
What is overactive bladder?
Overactive bladder occurs when you cannot control your bladder contractions. When these muscle contractions happen too
often or cannot be controlled, you can get symptoms of overactive bladder, which are urinary frequency, urinary urgency, and urinary incontinence (leakage).
Vesicare Side Effects : Do not take VESIcare if you:
• are not able to empty your bladder (also called “urinary retention”),
• have delayed or slow emptying of your stomach (also called “gastric retention”),
• have an eye problem called “uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma”,
• are allergic to VESIcare or any of its ingredients. See the end of this leaflet for a complete list of ingredients.
What should I tell my doctor before starting VESIcare®?
Before starting VESIcare tell your doctor or healthcare professional about all of your medical conditions including if you:
• have any stomach or intestinal problems or problems with constipation,
• have trouble emptying your bladder or you have a weak urine stream,
• have an eye problem called narrow angle glaucoma,
• have liver problems,
• have kidney problems,
• are pregnant or trying to become pregnant (It is not known if VESIcare can harm your unborn baby.),
• are breastfeeding (It is not known if VESIcare passes into breast milk and if it can harm your baby. You should decide
whether to breastfeed or take VESIcare, but not both.).
Before starting on VESIcare, tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and nonprescription
medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. While taking VESIcare, tell your doctor or healthcare professional about all
changes in the medicines you are taking including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins and herbal supplements.
VESIcare and other medicines may affect each other.
How should I take VESIcare®?
Take VESIcare exactly as prescribed. Your doctor will prescribe the dose that is right for you. Your doctor may prescribe the
lowest dose if you have certain medical conditions such as liver or kidney problems.
• You should take one VESIcare tablet once a day.
• You should take VESIcare with liquid and swallow the tablet whole.
• You can take VESIcare with or without food.
• If you miss a dose of VESIcare, begin taking VESIcare again the next day. Do not take 2 doses of VESIcare in the
• If you take too much VESIcare or overdose, call your local Poison Control Center or emergency room right away.
What are the possible side effects with VESIcare®?
The most common side effects with VESIcare are:
• blurred vision. Use caution while driving or doing dangerous activities until you know how VESIcare affects you.
• dry mouth.
• constipation. Call your doctor if you get severe stomach area (abdominal) pain or become constipated for 3 or more
• heat prostration. Heat prostration (due to decreased sweating) can occur when drugs such as VESIcare are used in
a hot environment.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bother you or that do not go away.
These are not all the side effects with VESIcare. For more information, ask your doctor, healthcare professional or pharmacist.
How should I store VESIcare®?
• Keep VESIcare and all other medications out of the reach of children.
• Store VESIcare at room temperature, 50° to 86°F (15° to 30° C). Keep the bottle closed.
• Safely dispose of VESIcare that is out of date or that you no longer need.
General information about VESIcare®
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for conditions that are not mentioned in patient information leaflets. Do not use
VESIcare for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give VESIcare to other people, even if they have the same
symptoms you have. It may harm them.
The generic alternative is not manufatured by the company that makes the brand product.
The content on this page has been supplied to CanDrug.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. CanDrug relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the medical efficacy, accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a health professional. Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We affiliate with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.
Back to Main Drug Information Page
In addition to dispensing from our affiliated Canadian dispensing pharmacy, we also dispense your medications from international fulfillment centers that are approved by the regulatory bodies from their respective countries. CanDrug.com dispenses medications from fulfillment centers around the world including and not limited to Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. All prices are in US dollars.