Chemical Name : Olmesartan Medoxomil
Benicar Information : Blood Pressure Medication Benicar (Olmesartan) is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist used to treat high blood pressure. Benicar (Olmesartan) may also be used to treat congestive heart failure and other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Benicar Side Effects : The most common Benicar side effects include dizziness, headaches, diarrhea, abdominal/stomach pain, stuffy nose or stuffy sinuses, and unusual tiredness. The side effects that you may experience should be mild, but if Benicar side effects continue or are bothersome, check with your doctor. In the unlikely event you experience Benicar side effects, seek immediate medical attention. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, dizziness, trouble breathing. If you notice other Benicar side effects not listed above, contact your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking BENICAR (Olmesartan)?
• Before taking BENICAR (Olmesartan), tell your doctor if you:
· have kidney disease;
· have liver disease;
· are on a salt-restricted diet or have high levels of potassium in your blood; or
· are taking a potassium supplement (e.g., K-Dur, Klor-Con, others), or a potassium-sparing diuretic such as amiloride (Midamor), triamterene (Dyrenium, Dyazide, Maxzide), or spironolactone (Aldactone).
• You may not be able to take BENICAR (Olmesartan), or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
• BENICAR (Olmesartan) is in pregnancy category D. This means that it is known to be harmful to an unborn baby. When used during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, BENICAR (Olmesartan) can cause injury and even death to the developing baby. Do not take BENICAR (Olmesartan) if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
• It is not known whether BENICAR (Olmesartan) passes into breast milk. Do not take BENICAR (Olmesartan) without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take BENICAR (Olmesartan)?
• Take BENICAR (Olmesartan) exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
• Take each dose with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
• BENICAR (Olmesartan) can be taken with or without food.
• Do not stop taking BENICAR (Olmesartan) without first talking to your doctor. If you stop taking the medication, your condition could become worse.
• Store BENICAR (Olmesartan) at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
The generic alternative is not manufatured by the company that makes the brand product.
The content on this page has been supplied to CanDrug.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. CanDrug relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the medical efficacy, accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a health professional. Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We affiliate with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.
Back to Main Drug Information Page
In addition to having your prescriptions dispensed from our affiliated Canadian dispensing pharmacy, your medications are also dispensed from international pharmacies and fulfillment centers that are approved by the regulatory bodies in their respective countries. CanDrug.com works with fulfillment centers in a variety of countries including but not limited to Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and the United Kingdom. All prices are in US dollars.