Chemical Name : Allopurinol
Zyloprim Information : Zyloprim (Allopurinol) is an anti-hyperuricemic/anti-gout medication used to lower blood uric acid and to prevent gouty arthritic attack. It is also used for the treatment of secondary hyperuricemia (elevated blood uric acid) which may occur during treatment of tumors or leukemia and to prevent recurrent calcium oxalate stones.
Zyloprim Side Effects : Possible adverse reactions with Zyloprim (Allopurinol) are: skin rash (in rare cases severe reaction); nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain; drowsiness, numbness and tingling of fingers and/or toes; muscle weakness; kidney and liver disorder.
What other drugs will affect allopurinol?
• Taking ampicillin (Principen, Omnipen, others) or amoxicillin (Amoxil, Augmentin, Trimox, Wymox, others) may increase the risk that a rash will develop during allopurinol therapy. Tell your doctor that you are taking allopurinol if you need to take ampicillin or amoxicillin.
• Thiazide diuretics (water pills) may increase the amount of allopurinol in your blood. Tell your doctor if you are taking a diuretic such as
· hydrochlorothiazide (Hydrodiuril, Hygroton, HCTZ, others),
· chlorothiazide (Diuril, others),
· chlorthalidone (Thalitone, others), or
· indapamide (Lozol).
• Allopurinol may also increase the effects of the certain other drugs. Before taking allopurinol, tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines:
· azathioprine (Imuran),
· mercaptopurine (Purinethol),
· drugs used to treat cancer,
· cyclosporine (Sandimmune, Neoral),
· chlorpropamide (Diabinese),
· warfarin (Coumadin), or
· theophylline (Theochron, Theolair, Theo-Dur, others).
• You may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring if you are taking any of the drugs listed above.
• Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with allopurinol. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines.
The generic alternative is not manufatured by the company that makes the brand product.
The content on this page has been supplied to CanDrug.com by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. CanDrug relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the medical efficacy, accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a health professional. Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We affiliate with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.
Back to Main Drug Information Page
In addition to dispensing from our affiliated Canadian dispensing pharmacy, we also dispense your medications from international fulfillment centers that are approved by the regulatory bodies from their respective countries. CanDrug.com dispenses medications from fulfillment centers around the world including and not limited to Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. All prices are in US dollars.